This book is one of my current works in progress and very near completion. I am only waiting for the concluding short story to tell itself.
Each one of the pieces in this collection offers a glimpse into the geometry of a cage that is the triangle between the Mother, the Father and the Boy. As the discovery progresses, we realise that the imprisonment is not an outer cage but an inner state, held in place by learned behaviour and habit, reinforced by the labelling in the Boy as wild and undesirable precisely that which he requires to begin the long journey to himself.
- A poem sets the scene: Bits and Pieces of the Soul
- Introduction: About the Boy
- The Boy Called Wild
- The Boy Slips out of Himself
- The Soul Phone Won’t Stop Ringing
- The Right Time for Coffee but not for the Boy
- Of Grey Eyes Staring Black Holes into the Wall
- The Scalding Porridge Remedy for Alleged Sibling Rivalry
- The Boy Jumps Ship
- The Father and the Mother Make a Cage for the Boy